Day 159: May 21st, 2013

Since I started painting my daughter’s room, the time is kind of flying by.  I almost forgot to write an entry for today, but I was looking at my computer and realized that I had forgotten.  The seemingly small project of painting her room turned into a real adventure.  The paint turned out well, until I took the tape off the baseboards.  Let me start by saying that the people who owned the house prior to us had painted the majority of the baseboards tan.  The baseboards were cream or white throughout the house.  They did not properly prepare the baseboards before painting them.  They used a latex based primer instead of an oil-based primer.  The paint on the baseboards did not stick to the latex primer, and as soon as I removed the tape, the paint came off. 

            Instead of just painting the walls, I will end up having to sand, paint, and prime the baseboards.  My daughter’s room has been torn up the last 3 days, and she has been sleeping on an air mattress in the living room.  This has thrown my routine-driven son for a loop.  I’m nearly done though.  I just have to get a few more things; then I can declare victory over project number 2.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s