I am not overly religious. I am a practicing Catholic, so I normally try to give up something for Lent. When I was little I gave up things like chocolate, candy, or I promised to clean my room. Those sacrifices normally lasted a few weeks at most. And each year, I ended up not being very successful at keeping those sacrifices. Since I started Isagenix, I have been really careful about my diet, though I plan on cleaning it up a LOT. Here are 10 things I intend on doing in observance of Lent:
10. I will be closing down my Facebook pages, both my professional and personal Facebook pages.
9. I will be blogging every day that I am no longer on Facebook. I find that I’m a much better runner when I run a lot, and the same goes for writing. Practice makes me a more focused writer.
8. I plan on continuing my walk/run streak. The last three weeks, I have been walking/running steps, and I plan on continuing this trend.
7. With that, I plan on also tracking my calorie intake and output on My Fitness Pal.
6. Shane is giving up alcohol, and it is so much easier to do so with a partner, so I will be giving up alcohol starting on Tuesday as well.
5. I also intend on finishing one household project a week. Lent is only 6 weeks, so I am picking 6 projects to complete before the end of the season.
4. I also plan on finishing the novel that I started to write in November, and then attempt to send out manuscript to an agent and/or publisher.
3. Along with blogging every day, I also intend on doing more things I enjoy, like painting and doing some photography work.
2. I have a substantial amount of money tied up in credit card bills, so I would really like to make a significant dent in my credit cards, while increasing the amount money in personal investments.
1. Finally, I plan on taking advantage of the more time I have while off Facebook, and spend the time with my family.