Looking back on 2016, It was ROUGH. My rough patch started on January 29th, with an unexpected journey to the ER, and ended with my continuing the fight of my life. It would be easy for me to make a list of New Years Resolutions. Something that may include– lose weight, eat better, drink less, be more patient with my kids, and all the usual trappings that I promise myself that I would like to accomplish in the upcoming year. This next year is a little different, besides my “What The Hell, I Might As Well” list, here are my New Years Goals:
1. I want to live. Yeah, my number 1 to 1000 goal is to be still alive in 2018. This may be obvious to many readers, but I have learned that it is not a guarantee.
2. I want to get my health back. I would love to continue to hear my oncologist state that besides cancer, I am the healthiest individual he treats with cancer.
3. Finish that G-D Novel. I need to finish it. I’m so tired of telling my family that I am writing it, but it’s not done yet. Well, I want it finished. I have about 20,000 more words to add. I’m also tired of trying to decide whether to send it to a publisher, or publish it myself.
4. Continue working on my fan fiction. See number 3, but more geeky.
5. Do more of what I enjoy. I got a gift card from my husband for Christmas, so I decided to spent it on what I enjoy. I enjoy reading, so I bought some Carrie Fisher Books. I enjoy painting, so I bought a few Paint By Number kits. I enjoy fitness, so I bought some low-impact cancer DVDs. I enjoy writing, so I am going to start writing more on this blog, and finish number 3 and 4. I enjoy photography, so I joined the 52-week picture challenge. I enjoy packing all my shit up, and moving across the country (oh wait, I don’t enjoy doing that, but that is happening).
So that’s about it… Five goals this year, instead of my normal 10, and they are pretty straight forward. Happy New Year! Hopefully, this year we won’t be staring up into the heavens, and saying WTF God!